Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program – Winnipeg, and its parent company, Equal Opportunities West, are dedicated to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all of our staff and clients.
That is why we are taking measures to make sure us and our clients are practicing business in the safest way possible during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are asking that everyone follow these steps as best as possible to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Clean your hands
- Do not shake hands, high-five, hug or share food/drink with others
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth whenever possible
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve
EDP – Winnipeg is offering in-person meetings with social distancing measures in place. We are asking all of our staff and clients to stay at home if they have any of the following symptoms until symptoms are gone:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath and/or breathing difficulties
If your symptoms persist, or you or someone close to you has recently traveled outside Canada, please contact Health Links at 204-788-8200.
If your family has traveled out of the country, please self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days after your return.
In the meantime, we will be following the guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization, and the Canadian and Manitoba Governments, including:
- Keeping the workplace clean and hygienic and disinfecting surfaces
- Promoting regular and thorough hand washing
- Promoting good respiratory hygiene
- Consulting national travel advice
- Advising those who are sick to stay home
- Promoting the avoidance of people touching their eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands
- Promoting coughing or sneezing into your sleeve and not your hands
- Minimizing prolonged contact with others in public
- Avoid greetings that involve touching, including handshakes
If you have any concerns or questions in this regard, please contact us at 204-962-8048
For additional information about COVID-19, please go to:
- Government of Manitoba: https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/
- Centre for Prevention and Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019