The Government of Canada has a lot of resources for you and your business during these troubling times.
If you visit this link, you can gain access to resources on how to operate or re-open you business during COVID-19, including:
Safety guidelines for workplaces
Rules for federally-regulated workplaces
Printable templates and signage from the Canadian Business Resilience Network
There are also links to financial support, loans and access to credit,
including opportunities we have posted about previously.
Why are masks important during a pandemic? How can they help slow the spread of COVID-19?
This video from PBS’s It’s Okay to be Smart discusses the effect masks can have in slowing the transmission of COVID-19.
Here in Manitoba, masks have not been mandated in public spaces but are being encouraged on Winnipeg Transit buses.
Manitoba’s chief public health officer, Dr. Brent Roussin has said in the past masks can help protect people and slow the spread of COVID-19.
The Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba is providing partially forgivable loans of up to $40,000 for women-owned businesses struggling because of COVID-19.
To qualify, your business must be at minimum 50 per cent owned by women, according to an
article in the Winnipeg Free Press written by Gabrielle Piche.
The article also states if 75 per cent of the loan is paid back before Dec. 31, 2022, the remaining 25 per cent will be forgiven. If it isn’t it will convert to a three year term with an interest rate of 5 per cent.
Funds for the program have been made available through the federal government’s Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) and Western Economic Diversification Canada.
You can check to see if your business is eligible by visiting
Stay tuned to our blog page for more news regarding EDP-Winnipeg businesses and COVID-19.
The Canadian Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance for small businesses is offering rent relief for small businesses who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
This could be a very important benefit to you or your business if you qualify.
Continue reading “CECRA Coronavirus Funding for Small Businesses”
Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program – Winnipeg, and its parent company,
Equal Opportunities West, are dedicated to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all of our staff and clients.
Continue reading “EDP – Winnipeg dedicated to safety during pandemic”