The province of Manitoba is issuing a third round of payments to small businesses that apply for the Manitoba Bridge Grant.
Premier Brian Pallister said in a news release that eligible businesses that already received their first and second $5,000 payments will automatically receive a third payment of $5,000. The province says those businesses will be notified of the payment by email.
New program applicants will be eligible for a one-time immediate payment to a maximum of $15,000.
“This additional payment will help cover the impact of public health orders on operating costs pending the careful reopening of our province, as well as help businesses with reopening costs as we safely loosen public health orders, Pallister said in a release. “We recognize and appreciate the sacrifices our business community has made to keep all Manitobans safe and the crucial role it plays in our safe reopening plans.”
The province says it has paid approximately $134 million to 14,775 applicants to date.
In order to qualify for the Manitoba Bridge Grant, the province says business have to:
- Be a permanent, Manitoba-based business or organization physically operating in the province of Manitoba
- Have been actively operating or conducting business on November 9, 2020
- Operate as a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, co-operative, non-share corporation, not-for-profit organization, or registered charity
- Possess an active and valid Business Number
- Be in good standing with the Manitoba Companies Office (not required for sole proprietors and registered charities)
- Have been required by Manitoba COVID-19 Prevention Orders in effect as of November 12, 2020, or any revisions to those Orders, to full close their premises to the public
- Be eligible organizations that were required to close between the period of November 12, 2020 to February 11, 2021, and that have now-reopened in accordance with public health orders, remain eligible
Those who need assistance filling out the application can contact the province at 204-945-3744 or 1-866-MANITOBA (1-866-626-4862.)